Globuc team has prepared a short overview-presentation about the largest downstream projects in Central Asia 2021. In the presentation, we reviewed the projects of Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan.
- Polypropylene production plant with a capacity of 500 thousand tons a year in Atyrau region
- Technical gas production plant with a capacity of 57mln cubic meters of nitrogen and 34 mln cubic meters of dry compressed air in Atyrau region
- Plant for polypropylene production with a capacity of 81 thousand tons a year and octane booster additives for petroleum with a capacity of 57 thousand tons a year in Shymkent city
Announced to be implemented by 2025:
- PET production plant with a capacity of 430 thousand tons a year in Atyrau region
- Plant for the production of methanol with a capacity of 130 thousand tons per year in Uralsk.
- Uzbekistan will put the GTL plant into operation in August 2021
- Uzbekistan will introduce another new GTL project for the production of gasoline from methanol in December 2022
- Gas chemical complex MTO project (methanol-to-olefin technology) in Bukhara region
- Expansion of production capacities of the Shurtan Gas Chemical Complex in the Guzar district of Kashkadarya region
In accordance with the Program for the development of the oil and gas industry of Turkmenistan until 2030, it is planned to build:
- Plant for the production of synthetic gasoline from natural gas in the Akhal region
Isobutane production unit at the polymer plant in Kiyanli
- New gas chemical complexes for the production of rubber, polystyrene, polyvinyl acetate, and methanol.
- At the same time, priority attention is paid to increasing the production capacity of the Turkmenbashi complex of oil refineries, where it is also planned to put into operation a number of new installations.
- Currently, the TKNPZ is undergoing a modernisation program, within the framework of which new facilities are being built, including a delayed coking and tar de-asphalting unit.
Disclaimer: to the best of our knowledge, the information contained herein is accurate as of the date of publication; however, we do not assume any liability for the accuracy and completeness of the above information.
The full project report contains includes the following information:
- operating company
- announcement and completion dates
- current project stage
- exact units and plants that are being built or modernised
- volume of investments
- project EPC contractors (if known)
- project licencors (if known)