The Globuc team has prepared a short overview-presentation about the largest downstream projects in Central Asia and Caspian region for 2022. In the presentation, we provide information on projects in Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan and Azerbaijan.
In December 2021, the construction of a polypropylene production plant with a capacity of 500 thousand tons per year (Atyrau region) was completed.
- A plant for the production of polypropylene with a capacity of 81 thousand tons per year and octane- boosting additives for gasoline with a capacity of 57 thousand tons per year based on the raw materials of the Shymkent Petrochemical Plant
- Kashagan Gas Processing Plant
- A plant for the production of polyethylene terephthalate with a capacity of 430 thousand tons per year
- “Kazazot” will launch six new production facilities in 2022-2026 (production of carbon ammonium salts, ammonium sulfate, hydrogen peroxide, bioprotein for animal husbandry, ammonia water, ammonia and carbamide).
In December 2021 Uzbekistan completed Uzbekistan GTL refinery
- Gas chemical complex — MTO project (methanol-to-olefins technology) in Bukhara region;
- Expansion of production capacities of the Shurtan gas chemical complex in the Kashkadarya region;
- M25 field: gas processing plant and gas chemical complex
- Modernisation of the Fergana Refinery
- Upgrade of the Baku Oil Refinery named after Heydar Aliyev
- Upgrade of Azerikimya SOCAR Company’s Ethylene-Polyethylene plant.
Disclaimer: to the best of our knowledge, the information contained herein is accurate as of the date of publication; however, we do not assume any liability for the accuracy and completeness of the above information.
The full project report contains includes the following information:
- operating company
- announcement and completion dates
- current project stage
- exact units and plants that are being built or modernised
- volume of investments
- project EPC contractors (if known)
- project licencors (if known)